Klap is a medium-sized and fully independent insurance broker, focusing on actively advising large and medium-sized companies in the areas of risk management, employee benefits, insurance and pensions.
The aim of our strategy is to deliver added value to our clients. This may manifest itself in the process (automation), in the content (insurance theory) as well as in the distribution power (marketing). We actively seek to build up a long-term relationship from which both parties stand to benefit.
As one of the 30 Insurance Brokers, we operate on the national and international insurance markets and are committed to finding the best solutions for our clients within the global insurance playing field. Our international broker network Trust Risk Control (www.trustrc.com) offers both global and local presence and expertise, enabling us to issue local policies that comply with the laws and regulations in force within the relevant country.
Furthermore, we have our own underwriting agency, Gouda & Bredius. With the powers of attorney we hold for major Dutch insurance companies, we are able to compile our own policies that tie in with the insurance needs of our business relations.
Klap has a clear, efficient, and personal working method with a keen eye for quality. Moreover, we know the corporate practices from our own experience, which enables us to respond pro-actively to your business-specific needs. Our organisational structure is flat and as a result the board members, the management, as well as the operational staff are all committed to working with our business relations on a personal level. The lines of communication are therefore short, decisions are made quickly and they have wide-spread support.
Our expertise and independence are guaranteed by:
- our registration in the Financial Supervision Act (WFT) register (www.afm.nl) and supervision by the Dutch Authority for the Financial Market (AFM)
- our membership and management positions in the sector organisations Adfiz, VNAB and NVGA
- our appointment as Registered Broker in Insurance (www.rmia.nl)
- our pension office that consists only of registered pension advisers (www.rpa.nl)
- our affiliation to the Financial Services Complaints Institute (KiFiD)
We work exclusively with insurers that meet our high-quality and solvency requirements. In this way we guarantee continuity of our advice for the future.
Services provided by Klap Insurance Broker
Klap Insurance Broker has a very flat organisational structure with three business units:
- General Insurance: specialists in property insurance, marine, miscellaneous other liability insurance, risk management and claims handling;
- Employee Benefits and Pension: specialists in all employer- and employee-related insurance solutions;
- Private clients: fully focused on comprehensive advice for our private clients.
We offer all the usual brokerage services, such as:
- Advice on risk management and risk transfer
- Management of the insurance portfolio
- Claims Handling
- Renewal strategy
Advice on risk management and risk transfer
We base our specialist advice on the ‘Reduce – Insure – Residual Risk’ (ROZ) principle. We jointly identify the risks that could endanger business continuity, which subsequently serves as a basis to discuss how to Reduce certain risks (for example by organising the business differently), how to transfer substantial and high-impact risks to insurers (to Insure) and how to let the entrepreneurs bear certain risks themselves (the ‘residual risks’). Our advice is a comprehensive advice that, if desired, is extended to include Employee Benefits and Pensions. The client is assigned a single contact who, where necessary, will liaise with all internal stakeholders to provide the client with the right solutions.